P.O. Box 122, Moraga, California 94556
Chartered 1967 "Service Above Self"
Employee of the Month Nomination Form
Donate Your Vehicle
Rotary International World President Barry Rassin
District 5160 Governor Jon Dwyer
Rotary's Polio Initiative
Follow Us on Facebook
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Moraga Rotary member.
The Moraga Rotary club membership represents a cross-section of the community's business and professional men and women. The world's Rotary clubs meet weekly and are nonpolitical, nonreligious, and open to all cultures, races, and creeds. Moraga Rotary meets every first, third and fourth Tuesday at noon, and every second Tuesday at 6:00 pm at Moraga Country Club, 1600 St. Andrews Drive, Moraga, CA 94556.
Membership in Moraga Rotary is by invitation. Prospective members are invited to join us for 3 meetings so we can get to know you better. For more information, or to visit a club meeting, contact us by visiting the Contact Us page and our club president will arrange a meeting.
Why Join Moraga Rotary Club? This information may be helpful:
1. Professional Networking: A founding principle of Rotary was to provide a forum for professional and business leaders. Members are leaders in business, industry, the professions, the arts, government, sports, the military, and religion. They make decisions and influence policy. Rotary is the oldest, most prestigious international service-club organization in the world.
2. The Opportunity to Serve: Rotarians provide service at both the community and international levels. Service programs address health care needs, hunger and poverty, illiteracy, disaster relief, and environmental cleanups, to name a few. Members experience the fulfillment that comes from giving back to the community.
3. Personal Growth and Development: Membership in Rotary ensures continuing personal and professional development. Leadership, public speaking and communication, organization and planning, team-building, fundraising, and teaching are just a sampling of the skills that can be exercised and enhanced through Rotary.
4. World Understanding: Rotary members gain an understanding of humanitarian issues and have a significant impact on them through international service projects and exchange programs of RI and its Foundation. The promotion of peace is one of Rotary's highest objectives.
5. Friendship: Fellowship was a primary reason Rotary was started in 1905, and it remains a major attraction. Today, with more than 33,000 Rotary clubs in over 160 countries, Rotarians have friends wherever they go. Your membership guarantees you are welcome in any Rotary Club in the world. Rotary helps to build community as well as enduring friendships.
6. Entertainment: Every Rotary club and district hosts parties and activities that offer diversion from one’s personal and business life. District Conferences, International Conventions, club assemblies, and social events provide entertainment as well as Rotary information, education, and service.
7. Family Foundations: Rotary sponsors some of the world’s largest youth exchange and educational exchange and scholarship programs. Rotary clubs provide innovative training opportunities and mentoring for future leaders. They involve family members in a wide range of social and service activities.
8. Ethical Environment: Rotarians practice a 4-Way Test that measures words and actions by their truthfulness, fairness, goodwill, and benefit to all. Encouraging high ethical standards in one's profession and respect for all worthy vocations has been a hallmark of Rotary from its earliest days.
9. Good Citizenship: Membership in Rotary makes one a better citizen. Weekly Rotary club programs keep members informed about what is taking place in the community, nation, and world. Rotary's expansive network of clubs and programs provides extensive opportunities for service and interchange.
10. Cultural Diversity: Rotary International is an association of local clubs in many countries. Clubs are open to members of every ethnic group, political persuasion, language, and religious belief. Rotary clubs contain a cross-section of the world's leaders. They practice and promote tolerance.
Copyright: Rotary Club of Moraga, 2019